Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On Our Walks.

Almost every day I try to take Seren out for a walk around our neighborhood – sometimes our friends Lisa and baby Audrey come along, but it depends on who needs a nap/feed/time out!! The walk is usually only 45 minutes, 1 hour if it’s 85 degrees or higher. The other day we we walking alone (Audrey = nap) and I decided to take some pictures along the way to document the scenery this time of year; plus I’d like to remember as much of it as possible should we decide to uproot again and move somewhere else in the future.

So I took along the camera. I would like to point out 2 very important matters:

1) My main point of concentration was on Aperture and not of shutter speed. One would think that Aperture Priority settings would have been a good fit for this trip. But I didn’t think of that at the time (Lucy + baby = mommy brains). So the pictures are pretty crappy, and I edited about 80% of them before deciding I was making matters worse. But you get the general idea.

2) I had approx. 0.5 seconds for each picture because slowing down or stopping the stroller makes for a cranky baby. She needed a nap. So did I, but that’s another matter for another time.

So here we go, off on our trek.

T’was a pretty day.

The golf course to my left.

The course to my right.

Random wall growth.

Turning the corner (there’s a hill up ahead) – starting to sweat a bit just looking at it.

Pretty blooms!

Squirrel Cove. I swear there are about 419,538 squirrels in this area and counting. But not a single one around when you want to take a picture, heh?

Hang on……… that might be one.

Could be a pine cone though Smile

Definitely pine cones.

Ok enough with the pine cones already.

Onwards and (sadly) upwards.

There’s only a bottle of Aquafina and a pair of Karen Millen sunglasses to keep me company.

Because at this point, this happened -

The excitement obviously got way too much for this little one.

(and yes, I am WALKING with my jogger stroller)

On the loop back now (and holy overexposure).

Damn you, sunshine!!! You make me sweat and huff & puff.

Home stretch now!

Ugh, another hill Sad smile

Irony comes in many shapes and forms.

The final furlong.

And then it’s home to soak in a bath of cold water and a liberal application of aftersun on my burned cheeks and feet. But I shouldn’t complain too much, it’s helping to burn off the baby fat plus it’s nice to just walk and not have to entertain/feed/change/carry a baby once in a while, know what I mean??

Happy Wednesday folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment