Monday, March 14, 2011

Magpie

Firstly, my laptop power pack stopped working last week, hence the recent blog drought. I finally managed to get to Best Buy on Saturday (goodbye $60) and we’re now back up and running. Bit of a rip off when you consider a brand new laptop is about $400 but hey ho. It’s funny, and probably a bit sad, when you realize how much you rely on a computer to function as a person.


Anyway, it didn’t stop mama from doing a little online shopping - Courtesy of daddy’s work computer.





This book was recommended (although she probably won’t remember the recommendation) by Danielle of Growing A Lemon but it’s taken me ages to get around to ordering it. I’m guessing it’ll also take ages for me to actually read it too, but it looks good on my coffee table if nothing else.



What time is it??






Rhumba Time!!!


Or maybe not…


I ordered this potentially Seren-proof watch last week because a) I’m fed up of not knowing the time, and b) I’m still waiting on my Michael Kors push present from the husband. And Mothers Day is coming up so I’m quietly hopeful.





Now, it was cheap, I aint no liar. I got it on sale, but the normal retail cost of this is ridiculous frankly. Seren, who we are currently nick-naming The Magpie, swoops in and wrenches it from my wrist in about 0.6 seconds. I put her to bed the other night and as I lifted up my arms she was holding it in her hand and grinning. The magnetic clasp is not strong at all and the digital screen kinda pops out of the plastic casing. So no, not a good purchase but I’ll keep sitting on the doorstep waiting for MK to walk by and throw me a timepiece. Waiting waiting waiting…..


Oh and don’t worry, I’m not all me me me when it comes to shopping. Madam got some goodies too.





I’m still flip-flopping when it comes to cloth diapering. When Seren was very little I used the hybrid types and they were ok, but I found that I preferred the pocket or AIO design more. So I sold most of the diapers I bought as a trial and decided that Bumgenius was the way to go. I’m slowly starting up my stash and when I saw the Artiste designs on Cotton Babies I couldn’t resist! Just waiting for my hemp inserts to arrive now so we can trial them at night – Seren is a BIG wetter and is always leaking through her disposables at night.




‘I went to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and all I got was this lousy Bib’


Actually, we didn’t even make the parade this weekend. Mama had some errands which included a run to the post office to send off a New Baby present and 1st Birthday present. The baby was born the first week of January – the 1st birthday was 3 weeks ago. Punctuality is my middle name.


Aside from all the shopping we had a pretty quiet weekend. We stopped off at the local Ice Factory to watch our friends’ kids play soccer. They were playing together, which was a little worrying, but they were on the same side so that’s ok!














And finally the quintessential Bad Parent picture, courtesy of the husband. Baby plus large hot beverage!! (he was actually carrying one for me too until I flipped a lid).





Mmmmm, manly!


Hope everyone had a good weekend.


Signed,

Lucy (and one Magpie)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I hope you like it. I haven't actually read it myself, but I've heard that it's extremely helpful! Cute pictures of Seren =)

    ReplyDelete