Sunday, March 6, 2011

Miss Independent

Seren has become quite the stubborn Miss this week when it comes to feeding time.


Exhibit A: One shalt not take bottle in mother’s arms anymore. Cue Boppy intervention.




I have to sit next to her and let her grab the bottle, put it to her mouth then I hold it the entire duration. Ok it’s only like 10 minutes, but still. Queen of Sheba???


Exhibit B: One shall hold own bowl at dinnertime and lick ones’ bowl clean.




Hey, at least she’s eating it! Momma’s delicious concoction of pear and sweet potato went down a treat. Pear is fast becoming my go-to food when it’s time for madam to, er, clean out her pipes. Lovely I know.


So Lady Muck is getting on in terms of her independence; we’re still working on sitting, her least favorite position currently. She’d much rather lie on her side and chew her big toe. Until she gets a whiff of it…… girlfriend has the worst smelling feet! Another trait inherited from her father, sadly.


Not much else happening in the household, a pretty quiet weekend. Trudged to Buy Buy Baby to get some OXO freezer trays in a bid to start making my own baby food. The rest of today will be spent trying to acquire an organic butternut squash – seriously I can’t get one anywhere! I can see Earth’s Best becoming my BFF in the not too distant future. Bring on the jars I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment